Understanding is the beginning of wisdom."
~General Idea of Holy Wars
http://vimeo.com/13422152
I grew up as an Adventist and for the majority of my life I've been cloistered away in a homogenous idealogical pool. So it's understandable that most of my friends seem to think that our country's law should correlate with scripture.
I'd just like to remind everyone that we share our country with this guy:

And this lady:

Let's not forget this lady:

Oh! Almost forgot these guys:

And this guy who thinks he's a majority:

And then there's us. Who are such a minority that we're surprised when someone knows what we are.

All of us. ALL of us incredibly, live here:

This flag is symbolic for America, not the Bible. That's why all of us are living here together, free. Moral decisions that affect all of the above are not for religious denominations to make.
Religious Right, you terrify me. America is not God's country, and it shouldn't be. No matter what our country's religious majority is, our government should dictate law. As Adventists (Who are still waiting for a Sunday Law, right?) we should be the FIRST to believe that. We can talk about this more when we run for the hills due to religious oppression.
No theocracy for me, please. It's too close to medieval times. Oh, and to everyone who thinks they have a balanced opinion but have no friends that are different from them, or seek to understand the seed of alternate mind space, I'm having trouble respecting your pathos, logos, and ethos.
I guess we're all intolerant to some respect.
No comments:
Post a Comment