The evening was magical and yet de-sparkling because I like my Hollywood mysterious. We listened to Ernest (the most humble guy I know) talk about Jimmy Steward, Grace Kelly, Frank Sinatra, the list goes on and on...these characters were so legendary, and yet went to the bathroom, brushed their teeth, and went to dinner parties and each other's houses. Afterward, we stepped outside and our group was mobbed by paparazzi. From now on, I am wearing a bra everywhere, no more getting away with murder anymore.
Elia is on set for 12 hours each day and I sleep in until 10am at the Beverly Hills apartment. There is a lot of time to reflect, reassess, and prepare for a reality completely different than anything I have known, but instead I find that nothing is more exciting than True Blood and Damages.
Glenn Close is fucking incredible.
About the film Elia is making-I have no idea what the temperament of the overall product is going to be, but the dailies are heart-stopping. It recently occurred to me that I am marrying an incredible artist-the greatest mind I have ever met in real life, and my best friend. The effects of this realization: for some reason, this has made me a lazy thinker. I am making the behind the scenes for the DVD but Elia wants something like Heart of Darkness. Which means that he needs to go crazy and a main actor needs to OD. I'm hoping the ghosts at Linda Vista Hospital will stir up enough drama to make up for the deficit that exists.
No comments:
Post a Comment