My boss is dying right now.
It's weird to type something like that, it's weird to think about. Someone very close to me is finishing up their last few hours on this Earth before going to...?
I don't know where my boss is going. If he's going to an actual heaven- let me just say that if there is a heaven he definitely deserves it. I wonder if he's going to another place, a tangible destination or if he's going to fade into the woodwork around here somewhere. If so, he's going straight to the faux paneling in his office. He worked WAAAAAY too much for him to go anywhere else.
After crying a lot, on the way back from the hospital, I could see the mountains because for once there wasn't any smog. The sun was warm and bright, the afternoon felt peaceful and fresh. I thought that overall, it was a good day to die. I would like to remember the world like this I think.
He was not alone. His wife was by his side, asking if there was anything that would make him comfortable-there wasn't, but it's nice he has a wife to ask. His friends stopped by, neighbors and coworkers which is what I am.
I asked my new boss if we could pray but he didn't think he could get through it so I did. Honestly, it's the first time I've tried to pray in months. I choked through it and didn't even worry about sounding fake. I still don't think it got past the ceiling, but it felt good to thank someone or something for the relationship that I treasured so much.
Godspeed my friend and mentor. Catch you on the flip side.
No comments:
Post a Comment